Real Estate Law Experience
About Maureen Terra
With over 12 years of experience as a district and deputy district registrar at the land titles office, Maureen understands how to help you.
As a District Registrar, Maureen was responsible for providing direction on conformity with the land related statutes, including mortgage sale and foreclosure, tax sales, real property applications, subdivisions and condominiums, and the issuance of various legal notices and orders.
Throughout her careers at The Property Registry, and later with Teranet Manitoba, she had the opportunity to lead the registry through its modernization journey to bring electronic search and registration to the Manitoba land titles offices. Maureen now wants to ensure that clients benefit from these enhancements that have brought average land titles processing times to 1-2 days.
- Call to the bar in Manitoba, 2004
- Associate lawyer, 2004-2008
- District Registrar 2009-2018
- Director, Product Management and Deputy District Registrar 2018-2021
- University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Laws, 2003
- University of Waterloo, Honours BA (Psychology, with Sociology Minor), 1998
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Council Member, Manitoba Bar Association, 2009-2017 and appointed Life Council Member 2017
- Executive Council Public Representative, Association of Manitoba Land Surveyors, 2019-present
- Practice & Ethics Committee, The Law Society of Manitoba, 2020-present
Fill out the form below or you can call at 204-487-2100.