Real Estate Law Experience
About Maureen Terra
Maureen has over 18 years of experience in real estate property. Her firm, MTERRA Legal Services, has an exclusive focus on real estate law.
Maureen has over 18 years of experience in real property law, and recently opened her firm, MTERRA Legal Services, with an exclusive focus on real estate law. This includes a mixture of residential, commercial, and new developments. She also provides consulting services to other firms and organizations, including the Manitoba Real Estate Association.
Prior to opening her firm, Maureen was a District Registrar, responsible for providing direction on conformity with the land related statutes, including mortgage sale and foreclosure, tax sales, real property applications, subdivisions and condominiums, and the issuance of various legal notices and orders.
Throughout her careers at The Property Registry, and later with Teranet Manitoba, she had the opportunity to lead the registry through its modernization journey to bring electronic search and registration to the Manitoba land titles offices. Maureen now wants to ensure that clients benefit from these enhancements that have brought average land titles processing times to about 5 days.
- Call to the bar in Manitoba, 2004
- Associate lawyer, 2004-2008
- District Registrar 2009-2018
- Director, Product Management and Deputy District Registrar 2018-2021
- Sole Practitioner, MTERRA LEGAL SERVICES, 2021-present
- Professional Standards Advisor, Manitoba Real Estate Association, 2022-present
- University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Laws, 2003
- University of Waterloo, Honours BA (Psychology, with Sociology Minor), 1998
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Condominium Institute
- Winnipeg Regional Real Estate Board Business Partner
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Council Member, Manitoba Bar Association, 2009-2017 and appointed Life Council Member 2017
- Executive Council Public Representative, Association of Manitoba Land Surveyors, 2019-present
- Practice & Ethics Committee, The Law Society of Manitoba, 2020-present
Fill out the form below or you can call at 204-487-2100.